Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Busy with stuffs

I suppose there are two kinds of busy, one is when you’re like Oh my god, I have tons of work, can’t possibly finish all this..what am I gonna do??! The other one is like Hmmm, I’ll do this now and that later on, and I’ll have to do the exercise tomorrow afternoon… and then I’ll be done. Mine is probably the latter, though that still means I won’t be free. It came to a point when I did some maths work in my lecture, which I felt really guilty afterwards since I wasn’t paying attention to the lecturer. Wonder where that came from. When I was in MCKK I did maths and read novels in class all the time and was never bothered about it. One of my teachers commented on it in passing at one point. In retrospect, I wonder why he didn’t hate the snotty big-headed little brat that I was. Oh well…

I did pretty much the same thing at UTP. I got bored in one physics lecture and started to take out my maths book and do stuffs. The person behind me made some derogatory remarks which I can hear but pretended not to notice. It’s probably funny that we actually became friends afterwards.

So anyway, life has been a bit busy, but I don’t mind that much since the Easter holiday is coming up. Five weeks of pure bliss! I can’t fathom why Cambridge students get so much holiday time, even compared to other UK universities, which have very long holidays. Still, even if I don’t think it’s beneficial, I still won’t trade it with anything.

Currently we have the Experience Islamic Week in Cambridge, where there are talks and events for people to discover more of what Islam actually is, what with all the things that happen in the world now. I went to one of them, which is a talk given by three recently converted Muslims, all of whom are Cambridge students. That was very interesting. I also wanted to go to this one about Islam and science but I couldn’t because it clashed with a lunch with my tutorial group. It was okay though since the lunch was nice and I met a few people that I know but do not meet often due to our schedules. Kinda reminded me that I do have some very very nice friends in this strange world that is Cambridge.

I told a friend of mine about the lunch and he decided to go to it, even though he’s not in my tutor group. I thought he was joking, but he apparently was not, and I kept thinking he would sneak in and eat some food and leave or something like that. Instead, he walked to my tutor and chatted with her while eating the food. I had a laughing fit over that. Gosh, the audacity of some people! Thou have no shame, ha ha ha.

Yaz.

3 comments:

Adam Ahmad said...

revert, not convert :P

Anonymous said...

believe me, my university has more holiday time than yours.

yazid jay said...

@Adam
Yeah, I noticed they (the speakers) used revert instead of convert. I was just thinking maybe some people do not understand why they used that word, so I said convert instead. Sorry, totally my fault.

@anonymous
More than 5 weeks for easter?! Wow! You're very lucky then.