Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Got It!

The rooms, I mean. The thing about the ballot is that they put the list of still available rooms on the web, so during the ballot you can see the rooms disappearing one by one as they are being chosen by students. An hour before the ballot I was staring at the computer refreshing the screen every now and then. My top choice was still there and I was fervently hoping that nobody would choose it. 30 minutes before my turn, a friend called and advised me to go to the accommodation office since the choosing process was unexpectedly fast this time around and if I don’t go soon I might miss my turn.

So I went there and true enough, my turn came just after a few minutes. I went in and the guy there asked me where I want to stay and brought up the list. As luck would have it, it’s still there, my top choice that is! Frankly, I was surprised nobody had grabbed it, all the other similar en-suite (with attached shower/bath) rooms in the same vicinity have been occupied. But oh well, I guess not everybody can afford to choose expensive en-suite rooms, though at around £800 a term, they really are much cheaper than London and the like.

On another note, yesterday was Valentine’s Day, and a funny thing happened during our biotechnology lecture. We were in the middle of it when suddenly a group of guys in white shirt and vests and hats started standing up and singing. It turned out a guy had sent those guys to sing to his girlfriend, who was in the lecture hall. It was really amusing to watch, though if I were the girl I would be terribly embarrassed.

On yet another note (I'm overdoing this, aren't I?), I’ve just finished book five in The Wheel of Time series, The Fires of Heaven. An amazingly good fantasy series, I highly recommend it. The thing is, the book was in my possession since December, and it’s really embarrassing that I only managed to finish it now. God knows what I’ve been doing all this while.



Yaz.

2 comments:

Adam Ahmad said...

barbershop quartet ek?

yazid jay said...

I didn't know what barbershop quartet is, so I checked it on wikipedia. And guess what, it is! Now I know.