Sunday, February 18, 2007

Spuds


Hey ya! Guess what my culinary adventure is this time around? Ta da!


That’s right, cooking potatoes! I’ve decided to be British, so I have to master the art that is the making of potato dishes. After all, who doesn’t like potatoes? With their creamy taste and versatility, we can prepare hundreds of different dishes with potatoes. Mmmmm… =D =D =D

Just kidding.

Ha ha, it’s actually part of my latest chemical engineering exercise/coursework in analysing heat transfer. The lecturer(s) suddenly have this bright idea of making every student cook potatoes and determining their cooking time. I wonder if that has something to do with the lecturer being Irish. Though in their defence, it’s not a hard thing to do. In truth, you only have to cook one potato and find its cooking time to get the answer, though lots of my colleagues haven’t realised that. They also probably haven’t realised that the answer is in the notes already and this experiment is just sort of a check. Oh well…

Wonder what I should do with the potatoes afterwards? Hmmm, I can’t possibly eat them all. By the way, those in the picture are only of the 4 cm diameter. I still have a few more in the fridge in case I need to do further experiments. We’ll see how it goes.

Yaz.

No comments: