Thursday, March 29, 2007

Auction Sniped 2

…except this time, I was the one doing the sniping.

Okay, so I went and checked eBay once more and what do you know, the first ten books in one of my favourite series! I’m so not letting it get away this time so I waited until there were ten seconds left and I put in my bid. The auction ended… and I checked the highest bidder… it was me… with somebody else! Apparently, the original early bidder took some precautions (which I should have done during my first time) and made a high maximum bid. Of course, nobody can see the maximum bid and when I put in my bid, his bid automatically increased to match mine and since he made the bid first, he got the books.

Oooh, lucky devil.

Oh well, no luck the second time around. Fortunately for me, there are three more auction lots which are similar to this one so I have at least three more chances to get the books. If you’re wondering, I’m being vague on purpose just in case one of you blog readers decides to be cheeky and compete with me on the lots, not that it takes much effort to find out what the thing is. Anyway, I’ll keep you guys posted on my progress, or lack thereof.

Yaz.

No comments: