Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Start of term!!

Well, that will not be until tomorrow actually but for a time outside of full term, today sure has been quite busy. Had my Tutor meeting just now, and there's Director of Studies meeting next, have to hand in my physics report, collect exam slip from the office, exchange pleasantries with friends that I haven't seen in a month, etc etc. Will have a four-hour physics lab tomorrow. I feel like being in an accident or something, one time you're just relaxing and all and then suddenly ,POW!! You're hit with all this things. Good thing I've prepared a bit for it. Some people stayed up till four last night to finish the report. I felt like laughing and dancing around in their faces.

I was using the computer this morning, and this pop up window appeared, saying that this "Windows Genuine something something" program requests access to the internet. Not knowing any better, I gave it permission. Only later that I found out that Microsoft has taken a step to "brand" illegal and pirated Windows os. Basically, a pop up will appear reminding you that you're not using a genuine copy, which will be both annoying and embarrassing. Plus, you will also not be able to download Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Defender, not that I use IE any more. The program that I gave permission to is the one that does this branding thing. My Windows is genuine, so no annoying pop ups for me, but I'm sure lots of people back home are in for a surprise.

Yaz.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

Haha. I think it is a good thing for microsoft. before i bought my laptop, i went to low yatt to buy it. then before parting with my money, i asked whether the window is genuine or not. he said, "of course not."

there. with that, i went to HP dealer and get a laptop from someone who i can trust. my office however is not genuine. haha.