Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's been awhile...

Well, it's been awhile since my last blog entry. I blame it solely on the fact that it's a holiday and nothing much is going on, hehe. Reminds me of the fact that I used to keep a diary/journal, but I didn't bother writing in it during holidays since the entry "Same as yesterday" will probably crop up a lot. Of course, I did made plans for this easter break, like visiting some friends in Manchester, but I got quite the shock upon finding the train ticket price. Can't remember the exact amount but definitely more than £50. Ack, no way! I was talking with this guy from the Netherlands (Netherlands...Nether Land...Nether World...hmmm, somehow that strikes me as funny, LOL, of course, no offense to the people living there) and he mentioned that the flight ticket back home is only about £15! I mean, can you believe it. Last time I checked, UK is an island (well, Northern Ireland is on another island but you know what I mean) so The Netherlands is obviously further away than Manchester. Then what's up with the ticket price? Seems quite absurd to me.

Going by bus is definitely cheaper but there's no way I'm going to spend seven hours on the bus doing nothing. Well, at least until I buy an iPod or something. At least it's something to keep me distracted. Hmmmmm, the rational part of me keeps reminding me not to spend money recklessly but I'll probably succumb to the temptation by June. Oh well.

So I'm staying here in Cambridge in a block that currently only contains 3 people. Must be pretty lonely, huh? Somehow, even in that condition I find it hard to get my work done. I'm blaming it on...let's see.. yes, the internet. Yes, this atrocious distraction is like heroin, once you got sucked in it you won't have a life anymore.

*Sigh* I'm blaming other things again, aren't I? On a totally unsubtle jump of topic, that reminds me of the surname of somebody I know, Blamey. I teased her about it once, but I didn't dare to do it again lest I invoke the wrath of a Welshman, or Welshwoman in this case. I'm pretty sure if she read this then she will come all the way from Cowbridge to whack my head. I'm rambling, aren't I?

I did finish my work. Well, sort of. I left a few of the hard ones because I can't be bothered to crack my head for a few hours thinking about it. Might as well just let my supervisor explain it to me. I mean, why bother spending hours thinking about a problem when you can understand it all in five minutes during supervision session? Yeah, yeah, I know you're not actually supposed to do that and you should attempt each question but I should be able to get away with it as long as it's just a few. I think even though you're a Cambridge student you're not expected to be able to do it all. Last time I checked I'm still human.

Heh heh, actually I'm one lazy bugger, aren't I?

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.