Monday, May 01, 2006

A collection of random events

It's April, and it's the time of year when the flowers bloom and sun shines...NOT!

I was getting used to the fact that everyday I will be woken up not by my alarm clock but by this ray of blinding sunshine that penetrates my curtains at half past six every morning. Guess that's what happened when your bedroom faces east. Not today, though. It was really chilly and gloomy and there's this heavy drizzle going on. Nothing better than to be greeted by the wet and cold in the morning, isn't it?

I went to breakfast anyway as I have this new term resolution of having a healthy lifestyle, or maybe it's just due to the fact that I realised that it's about as cheap as buying a sandwich in the department just before lecture. During breakfast, I met this guy who is in my tutor group but whom I never talked to until now. Turned out to be quite a cool person really. Slightly surprised that he can tell that I'm a Malaysian (he's a Dutch/Frenchman). He told me that that's because there were about 30 M'sians in his previous school (I'm not aware that there are that many there. Illegal immigrants?). Anyway, that's better than my neighbour across the corridor who doesn't know where Malaysia or Singapore is. I think he told me that he once thought India is in Africa. Yeah, in the Paleozoic era maybe. Not belittling him or anything, he's a nice guy, just not adept enough in geography.

Got my exam timetable. Turned out that mine will be on the last week of full term. Just great...I'll be having exams while other people are finished with theirs and are partying and laughing and dancing and singing like crazy. It's like the IB all over again.

There you go, a collection of random things for the sake of updating. Just to add to the randomness, Cambridge has this May funfair thing going on. Today's the last day and I might go there for a while after this since I missed the toffee apples and cotton candy.





Mmmmmmmm, cotton candyyyy!

Yaz.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

nak cotton candy!!!