Saturday, April 22, 2006

Experiment chocolate caramel: FAILED!

Okay, so my latest blunder is this recipe I found on the web that is categorised as easy. Darn, you'd think I would have given up by now. There's this, plus the caramel fudge I tried a while back, toffee apples, and not forgetting the apple crumble. This is probably why I don't tell my friends what I want to bring to each weekly meal. You know, to keep from being embarrassed every time my gourmet cuisines don't work out. If I tell them, they most likely will not be able to keep their mouths shut and start teasing me about it. In fact, it has already started with some people *ahem*keste*ahem*.

Oh well, as a consolation, I did manage to make some brownies for the weekly cookout, even though it was just some instant brownies mix from Sainsbury's that you just have to add water to. Still tastes nice. I'm gonna try making some cookies next week, fingers crossed.

Should have taken a picture of the brownies.

The new term has started for Cambridge although lectures will not start until next week. It feels great to see some familiar faces of first years in the dining hall after one month of it being filled with post-graduates and phD students whom I don't recognise. I pitied them though, since they don't have breaks like we do.

Read a really emotional fiction story yesterday that made me despise the world in general. The feeling lasted a whole morning so I couldn't get any work done. I wonder if it's normal to get carried away by stories like that.
Yaz.

No comments: