Monday, April 17, 2006

The explorer in me

Somehow, the anime site that I always use to download from was pretty slow today. Usually it's capable of doing around 300 kb/s per file but today it was down to only around 30 kb/s. So while I waited impatiently for the neverending thing to finish downloading, I went out for a little walk.

Today was much better than yesterday. More people were out and about, and I took a slightly less usual route to the bridge near Queens College. I'm most familiar with the part of the River Cam between Magdalene and Queens since that's the usual punting route and haven't ventured much beyond these two points. Today, though, I felt inclined for a little perigrination. So I travelled down River Cam from Queens to the south.



It was a nice walk all in all. I came to a halt where the two forks of the river merged into one, stopping me to go further. But there's a nice little park and playground nearby for kids and their families. I remembered complaining to a friend once (can't remember who) that there's not really a park in Cambridge, one that has trees and all where you can sit down and just relax. Well, there's one behind the bus station but I don't like it much. There's also sort of a botanical garden at Hill's Road but you have to pay to go in. But this playground place is just nice. I think this place will see a lot of me in the near future.


It rained while I was at the park, so I had to go back. It stopped while I was at the town centre and I was probably the only one who looked wet, since at the town centre you could go into shop and all to take shelter. The magnificent English weather. Got to luv it.

Yaz.

2 comments:

Adam Ahmad said...

i've just realized that ur nick, YAZ sounds soo funny :P

yazid jay said...

Do not make fun of my nick!!

*brings out mace and machete* heh heh