Friday, March 31, 2006

Not a happy clappy day

I tried to make apple crumble tonight. Apple crumble with a dash of cinnamon. It worked well before, I remember preparing it for my dorm mates. We ate it with custard in the confines of our room while engaging in idle talk.

I promised my friends in Cambridge that I would bring them some tonight. I saw some instant crumble toppings in Sainsbury's yesterday and I thought, why not give it a try?So I spent a while in the kitchen, mixed this and that, and I popped it into the oven. Forty minutes later, I took it out.

Hmmm, not yet brown and golden. I'll put it back in.

Fifty minutes later, still not golden.

An hour and fifteen minutes
later, this is SO not happening.

So I abandoned my apple crumble project and went to the friend's place feeling very very frustrated.

Setting that aside, I got an e-mail today from the International Office. I had applied to the Cambridge-MIT exchange program because I think it would be cool to go to both Cambridge and MIT. Apparently, I was not accepted. Oh well, I didn't actually get my hopes up high on that one, so I don't feel very despondent about it. It sort of shucks, but on the bright side, I'll live in a very nice room in Cambridge next year (which I have to abandon if I was accepted). A set with en-suite shower and all.

So yup, not a very good day (the apple crumble got to me the most). Not exactly sulking or anything, just need to vent a little. Sorry for ranting, guess I'll end it here.

</rant> . He he.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

sorry to hear that yazid. but what's this? --> "Oh well, I didn't actually get my hopes up high on that one" jgn tipu la. i know you really wanted to go to MIT.

P.S. dont hang urself kay. if u do, i want ur laptop and N70 :P