Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update


Hey ho! Sorry I haven’t written much lately. After that morose account of my mental health in my last post, I was tempted to bury it by writing other more cheerful posts, but nothing much is going on recently that are of significant interest. I’ve been meaning to write about this famous pub in Cambridge and I really want to have a picture to go with it but I can’t bring myself to act like an annoying tourist and just stand there with my camera phone. I’ll just wait for the right opportunity to snap a picture or two when no one’s looking, I guess.

And yeah, Cambridge students, especially those from colleges like Trinity or Kings, do tend to get annoyed when tourists like Asian tour groups or French school kids come and take pictures/stare while you’re eating in the hall, walking across the college or going to the shower wearing a bathrobe.

Lately, I’ve figured out that the best way to get rid of worrying about work is to get up and do them. This is based on the principle that you don’t worry about them if they’re finished. Then one night I was about to slip into bed when I started thinking about a coursework that has a deadline which is three weeks away. So I got up, went to my study table and worked on it in the middle of the night.

I guess I need to abandon this philosophy if I want to get some sleep.

Yaz.

No comments: