Monday, November 26, 2007

Skating Rink

There’s a new temporary ice skating rink open in Cambridge at Parker’s Piece, a grassy field area near the town centre. I’ve seen it since two weeks ago but at that time I just wondered what the white-roofed construction was. The rink just started operating for the past few days and I guess I’m not the only one being excited by it. More like the whole of Cambridge population, judging by the number of people there.

Now, I know that ice skating rinks are no big deal in places like, say… London, but we never had one for the past two years that I live here, so I have a valid reason to be excited. What I need to do now is to find a few people to go skating together. Preferably those who don’t know how, so at least I won’t be embarrassing myself alone by falling down all over the place.


Yaz.

5 comments:

danial syafiq said...

i linked you in my blog. hope you dont mind.

yazid jay said...

Not at all. Thanks for the link =)

Anonymous said...

Do you know where the nearest indoor skating rink is located? I am considering moving to Cambridge, but I'm a skatoholic, will not survive long without a rink open all year long ;-)

yazid jay said...

Hmmm, there certainly isn't one in the town centre at the moment (the temporary one has been dismantled) but people have been expressing interest on a more permanent ice rink. There might be one... someday.

My geographical knowledge doesn't extend to the far outskirts of Cambridge (since I live in the centre) so I can't say for sure, but there isn't any that I know. If there is one, it's quite a distance away.

Anonymous said...

Peterborough is the nearest ice-rink to Cambridge.
Me and my daughter go every other week and love it, but a permanent rink in Cambridge would be fantastic.
Unfortunately this has been talked about ever since I started skating 20 years ago and has never materialised.