Friday, November 30, 2007

I’m free!

Finally, no more coursework! My lectures all ended last Wednesday but we the chemical engineers still have to finish two coursework (we call them exercises, which often cause confusion for non chem-engers since the term makes people think they’re not that significant). Handed them both early this afternoon, well before the 4:30 p.m. deadline.

I guess students are pretty much the same everywhere. Even in Cambridge, I saw people queuing up at the department’s reception at 4:30 handing their work in, still warm from the printer. I mean, really… if you can start doing your work just two days before and hand them in during the deadline, then why wouldn’t you just finish them in the first two days after they’re issued and get it all over with? Surely it’ll be less stressful that way.

On another note, I’m going to Wales next Monday until Wednesday for this engineering competition. I somehow got dragged into participating by a friend. Still, they pay for the hotel accommodation, and I got the chance to visit Wales again… sounds good to me.

Yaz.

No comments: