Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Careers Fair

The Cambridge University Careers Service just organised a careers fair today. The event lasts for two days with different companies coming and explaining to us students about what they do, whether they’re recruiting and how to apply for jobs or, in my case, summer internship applications. Today’s fair is more oriented towards science, IT and engineering whereas tomorrow will be more about banking and finance so I went to today’s one. To tell the truth, in order to apply for summer internships they mostly just tell you to go to their website and fill an online form, so unless you’re really interested in what the companies’ representatives have to say or you want to ask them specific questions, there isn’t much point in going. With the exception, of course, for the freebies!

The different companies usually have some freebies like pens etc. that they give to people visiting their counter. Since I’m not the kind of person who visits every counter just to get the freebies unlike some people, I don’t get that much stuff. Still, after a day, this is what I ended up with.


Embarrassingly enough, I realised that amongst the free stuff, I’ve also brought this home. Drat! What on earth am I supposed to do with this?

Yaz.

No comments: