Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pollens

I guess I’ll call today ‘The day of the pollens’. But seriously, I’ve been watching from my room window and those white pollens were everywhere, fluttering around ever so gently with the breeze. Some were swirling in my room, even though I opened the window just a teeny bit. Must be a heck of a day for people with hay fever.

Not much happening at the moment but there are quite a few things to wait in anticipation for. There’s the Trinity May Ball, which is going to be on the 18th this year. Speaking of which, I don’t have a suit for it yet. Or a white shirt with pointy collars. Or a black bow tie. Wonder if I should just hire a suit for the night or buy one that is passable to wear some other time. Sigh… to buy or not to buy. That is the question.


Unlike last year, this year we’ll get the exam results before the end of term. And unlike last year in which I wasn’t worried about the results, this year it'll be a nerve wrecking wait. There are people who kept telling me, "Oh, you'll be fine. You'll get a first" and to be honest, that just unnerved me even more since people have put expectations on me. Guess this is what happens when you know you did badly, though to be fair the exam WAS hard, and there was a general consessus about this. Oh well... just wait and see.

Yaz.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

OKlah. To calm you a bit. I'll say, don't worry la yazid, you won't get a first. maybe a 2.2 :P

no high expectations rite? hihi