Monday, June 18, 2007

I just learnt…

…how to tie a bowtie!

Went to Marks and Spencer the other day looking for a bowtie. There I met this guy in my college at the bowtie section, so I asked him, ‘Buying a tie for the May Ball?’

He said, ‘Yeah.’

‘You’re buying the one that you have to tie for yourself?’

‘Definitely’ was his answer.

Because of that, I felt reluctant to buy one of those clip-on ones. Guess it’s kinda the same as when you’re in primary school and you wore those clip-on ties. Not bowties, but normal ties. I think I was also influenced by an interview with an army officer that I read somewhere, in which he said he’ll never be caught dead in one of those clip-on bowties.

So here I am, a mere few hours before the May Ball begins, learning how to tie a bowtie. Here’s the end result, what do you think?


Well, couldn’t have done it without YouTube, so I’ll be forever grateful. You know, when I stand at the mirror, looking at it, I can’t really help not feeling a bit like, err… Bond. Ha ha ha.

Yaz.

No comments: