Sunday, June 03, 2007

It’s over

Finally, after one year of hard… or maybe not so hard work I finally gained my freedom. My exams ended last Friday at noon. Phew! The thing is, I only managed to blog about it now because a few things had happened that conspired to keep me occupied, namely computer games. I swear, I tried hard but I can’t tear myself away from the computer and stop playing. Must be all those pent-up exam frustrations.

Anyway, I’m sorta back to normal now, or at least as normal as you can get when you know you have a whole month of doing nothing in front of you. My exams went okay… errr, actually that’s not quite true. I was thoroughly and utterly disappointed with my last paper, in which I’ll probably get less than fifty percent. It was that bad. I’m sure I’ve never done any exams so badly like I did that one, not counting Olympiads and the like, of course. Well, everybody else is in the same boat so I guess that’s a comfort, in a way.

We had a punting excursion planned as a post-exam celebration. It was held that Friday afternoon. I was planning to miss it since I have Friday prayers but Henry, our year representative and CUCES president managed to sweet talk me into going. I know it’s because he needed all the Trinity College members that he can get to hire the punts. Still, I relented anyway. We boarded the punt at Trinity and I asked the people in my punt dropped me off at Queens College for the prayers. Going to pray by punt, can’t say I’ve heard that one before.

I’ve told a few people, some engineers and mathematicians, that I’m free now and they told me to stay away just in case they feel like causing me bodily harm. Ha ha, I guess not everybody’s finished yet. As for me and my newfound freedom, I still don’t know what to do with it. Oh well, I’ll think of something. Go somewhere, maybe. As for now, I’m gonna finish FFIX.

See ya!

Yaz.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're back! =)

yazid jay said...

Awwwww! Somebody missed me?

Ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

=D Glad that you're back blogging again. Bored without updates from you. =P

Amirul Hafidz said...

just wondering, is the mosque/place for friday player located on the campus, or in the town of cambridge?

by the way, hi. been following ur blog for quite a while but this is only the first time i leave a comment.

yazid jay said...

Well, there isn't really a university 'campus' for Cambridge since the university buildings are scattered all across town. You can say that in a way, the university is integrated with the city. Though there are a number of colleges where the students live.

Anyway, to answer your question, there is a mosque in the town for the general population but during term time, most Cambridge students just pray in a makeshift room in Queens' College.