Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Can’t Get Out of Here?!

The thing is, I thought after exams you’re supposed to be free to do whatever and go wherever your heart desires. Instead, I found that not to be the case, for me at least. Don’t know how that happened. A friend in London who was also my housemate when I was in Wales has asked me to visit him there lest, as he put it, he’ll be sad (I must admit, I’ve been putting that off for more than two years already). This time I was planning to, but then I realised that there’s always something going on here in Cambridge these days: a few volleyball matches, end-of-year barbeques, end-of-year get-togethers, the May Ball, and the most awaited unveiling of the exam results, which will happen sometime next week. I really wanted to be there when they announced the results to see it for myself since with this sense of impending doom that I feel at the moment, there’s no way I’m gonna ask somebody else to check it for me, but alas, we don’t know for sure when, exactly, is that going to happen. So there you go. I can’t extricate myself from this place until the end of term. The best I can do is to hope that the results come out early and I have the last few days for a London peregrination, even though that means I have to rush through my packing to go back home.

There was a booming display of fireworks across the sky last night. Right when I was about to go to sleep too, how convenient. Well, that signifies one thing: the May Week is here, and the colleges have started to organise their May Balls. Wonder which college was it last night. Well, I’m really looking forward to the Trinity Ball on Monday. There’ll be food, overflowing wine (and non-alcoholic drinks too, of course), chauffeured punts, fireworks, and not to forget succulent oysters. From nine o’ clock up until dawn. Wonder if I can last that long.

Yaz.

No comments: