Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another week to go

Hiya! It's been awhile. My holiday's almost over now, in fact, I'll be boarding the flight to Cambridge next Sunday. Have quite a few things to do before then. My accomodation letter had just arrived recently, informing that I'll be living in a set (a bedroom, a living room and a shower) for next year. Isn't that great or what? For those who live quite near...ahem ahem... do come and visit me sometimes. What's the point of having such a room if you can't show it off, ha ha.

Just found out that there's an Aquatic Centre near where I live and it's open to the public. Drat! If only I had known earlier. Oh well, guess I just have to wait next year to swim to my hearts content every day. I'm still not sure whether I want to join the pool in Cambridge. Maybe I will, we'll see. I don't get enough exercise as it is.

One thing about the holidays is that you don't hear from your friends that often. Mailing list is silent, blogs went on hiatus, that sort of thing. So I'm glad that it's not quiet any more. Here's something that's forwarded by a friend in the ministry mailing list:



BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

Terrorist School Teacher Arrested, as reported first on CNN

NEW YORK- A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy
International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession
of a ruler, a protractor,a set square, a slide rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez said he
believes the man is member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. He did
not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons
of mathinstruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzalez said. "They desire solutions by
means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute
value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to
themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common
denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As
the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, "There are 3 sides to
every triangle."

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God
had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have
given us more fingers and toes."
--


Update: Grrr...it's a bad habit to take something from the web and not quote its source, should tell my friend that. Anyway, I think I've found the original article here

Until then,

Yaz.

No comments: