Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Life starts again

So I've arrived. Not exactly the best arrival I've experienced (flight delayed for two and a half hours, having to buy a new bus ticket, dragging my suitcase to my room at one in the morning) but I've managed so far. Oh, and I've noticed Heathrow does have wi-fi connection, though I haven't tried it yet.

My new room is across the river Cam from my old room, which makes it further from busy roads, but also from Sainsbury's. To tell the truth, I kinda liked my old room better. I think those fellas at the Accomodation Office have misled me about my room. It's not exactly much bigger than my old room and now I have to share a fridge with one other guy and there's no oven in the kitchen (though there is a microwave with grill functionality). It's fine in other respects, though, so I'm not bothered that much.

Entering my room, viewed from left to right:

Behind the door are my closets and the shower





A week or so before the term starts so I will have some free time to loaf around or shop or welcome first years when they arrive. If there are new Malay first years then they 'll make great addition to our weekly cook out.

Until then, I'll post again after I'm done with enjoying the high-speed internet that I've been denied for so long =)

Yaz.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

I read in the news paper last Monday about heavy rain on Sunday. It seems that almost all flights to and from KLIA was delayed because of poor visibility. Some plane due to land in KLIA was diverted to Subang instead. So, I guess, your flights must be one of those flights that got delayed because of the rain.

By the way, nice room you got there :)