Thursday, March 23, 2006

Holiday, procrastination and sundials...

Yay! I'm on holiday!!

In my opinion, Cambridge has one of the longest holidays compared to other unis in the UK. Mine started on the 17th of March and ends on the 25th of April. That's like, what, 5 weeks? To top it all, I only have 2 assignments to finish and one of them can be done in 3-4 hours. One good thing about the course I am taking is that I never need to write any essays (yeah, go Natural Sciences!) and the closest thing is probably writing lab reports. So, being left with two easy-peasy (lemon squeezy ;p ) work, I did the only thing one is expected to do in this predicament...

...I procrastinate. He he.

Yup, the 4-hour assignment is still there fermenting on the table. It's about sundials. Didn't realise it until a few weeks ago, but my Maths (computing) lecturer is a person who goes around making sundials. Sounds odd? Well, he designed a few sundials here and there; there's one that he made for the Queen and another one in Denmark (or was it Sweden, I can't remember). Funny thing to be doing for a hobby. Anyhow, we're all expected to do the same, except we're modelling in on Excel and Mathcad, which is much easier than carving it on walls of buildings. Not that it's of much use anyway, considering the English weather =p

Anyway, I wouldn't worry much about it for the moment. Should be enough time for me to do it before going to London this weekend.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

huh. having fun boasting bout your hols? i hate you.

on a happier note, see you tomorrow in london!