Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Botanical Garden

Since nothing much is going on in Cambridge nowadays (except work!) my friend and I decided to experience Cambridge a little bit. We went punting yesterday, which was my first time of actually steering the punt. Luckily, with the help of St John’s College’s guide to punting, I didn’t fall down the river or lose the pole, not even once. What’s more, I made it all the way to the Magdalene Bridge, though I didn’t make it all the way to the Queen’s bridge on the other end of the river because we had to return the punt after an hour. Still, I felt proud!!





Today, we paid the Cambridge Botanical Garden a visit. No particular reason, just felt like it’s better than doing nothing. Normally visitors have to pay, even normal students, but the Garden allows Cambridge students to get in free of charge. We felt appreciated.




We spent the afternoon walking around. However, in my opinion, now’s not really the best time to visit the Garden. Know why?

Gee, signs, pots, soil and pebbles. I wonder what’s missing.

Yup, even though it’s April, apparently it’s still too early for the garden flowers to bloom.

Yaz.

No comments: