Saturday, January 27, 2007

Credit card

Ooooh, I felt so adult-ish!

Ha ha, okay for those of you who know me very well, you can stop giggling now. Or rather, giggle all you want. Don’t care. I’m feeling a spout of maturity and I’m gonna bask in it while it lasts.

I went to the bank the other day to upgrade my card. The reason was because at that moment I have a solo debit card. Hence, I can’t use it that freely in the cyber world, such as buying things from National Rail or Dell. The people at the bank told me, however, that I can’t upgrade unless I change my account to a student account, which I’m applicable for since I’ve been in this country for three years already.

Okay, so I went back to see my tutor, asked for a verification letter, went back to the bank and got my account upgraded. We looked at the options available, and I managed to get a maestro debit card. Yoohoo! Then the bank worker mentioned that I’m applicable for a credit card. Huwow! Credit card! Seriously?!

First of all, I actually don’t know nothing about using a credit card (did I just use a double negative? God, I’m an embarrassment to the scientific community). But then again, it’s there, so why not? So, after answering a few questions with yeah’s and uh-huh’s, I got my card. Well, I got approved, and the card will arrive later.

So there you go, I’m not even working yet and I’ve got my own credit card. Feels unbelievable. Of course, to tell the truth, I’m likely to not use it since I’m still vague about how the whole credit thing operates and I’ve seen far too many ‘Kisah Benar’s (True Stories; it’s a TV show) on TV to know that it can ruin your life if not controlled properly. Oooo, that gives me the chills.

Heh heh, so here I am, feeling all grown up. Welcome to the adult world of money management. Okay, not really. Plus, when all these happy-giddy excitements are over I’ll probably treat it as I normally do. It’s probably a good thing I was given so little pocket money in school in those old days, it teaches you self-constraint a little. Ha ha.

Know what a friend said when I told him about the card? “Great, let’s party!”

*takes a deep breath*… self constraint… self constraint….

Yaz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just my curiousity...

how much is the limit?
is it hsbc credit card?


erk...it's ok if you don't wanna answer that if you think they are personal Qs ...hehehe

mine is rbs..(btw)

yazid jay said...

Errr... not sure if it's okay to tell people your credit limit =) but it's HSBC, by the way.

I just realised I actually meant National Rail instead of National Express in the post. Edited.