Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bow tie and volleyball

It turns out that the Scholars can’t be Scholars without a proper inauguration ceremony. Therefore, we will be having one this Friday in the Trinity College chapel. The event has a strict dress code, though, so I have to prepare these items: a dark suit, white collared shirt, white bow tie, white bands (what the heck is a band, anyway?), black shoes and the college gown. Gosh, they sure are fussy about what we wear, aren’t they? I don’t have a white shirt and I left my shoes at home, so I went shopping yesterday. Got most of the items, plus a few totally unrelated things. I didn’t buy any shirts yet since they have numbers like 39 and 44 for the sizes instead of letters like S or M and they’re all plastic-wrapped, so I can’t try them.

My first white tie event… I’m excited!!!


I went to the first beginner’s volleyball session at the Kelsey Kerridge Sports Hall just next to the swimming pool. It’s a bit of a hassle because you have to pay £1 every time you want to enter the hall. Still, I had a lot of fun. Once you get pumped up, the people didn’t seem as intimidating as when you saw them at first. I guess I did well, probably because it’s not the first and second team sessions where I’m sure I’ll be spiked to death or something. We’ll meet every Saturday from now on, and there are chances of entering competitions with other universities as well.

The aftermath: I'm sore all over. I can't even walk properly!!

Right now I’m listening to defying Gravity from the musical ‘Wicked’. I saw a video on youtube about somebody playing this song on the piano. I wish I can play it like that.

Add to list ‘Things to do before I die’: Learn to play the piano.

Yaz.

4 comments:

(shah) 샿룰™ said...

u still playin' huh... keep it up... later time kita reunion 10th year karang biar the whole team play again...

and yazid... nak duit raya... dgn x malunyer meminta... haha... adique la bising cakap chep bila ko nak datang uk... nak datang camner nyer... nak korek duit celah mana nie... fama ok... fama... i haven't start menabung yet due to some inevitable causes... aish... cepat2ler settle segala masalah...

imree said...

blergh, trampoline lagi best...
;P

yazid jay said...

boeinggg, boeiinggg!!

Adam Ahmad said...

What does trampoline club do exactly?