Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I wish they give me cash

Got a letter from Cambridge today. Well, two letters actually. One is the college bill, with food charge, electricity and whatnot. The second is a letter from my tutor congratulating me on getting a first.

As a result of your performance in the recent examinations, it says, you have been elected a Junior Scholar.

Yay! A title. Yaz, a Junior Scholar. Actually, this is the title they give to everybody who got a first, but still, it does sound cool, heh heh.

Oh, the title also comes with £175 award. I also got another two hundred quid worth of Tripos prize money (course/subject prize) so altogether it’s worth £375. Pretty good, huh?

Well, not exactly.

The money will be credited to my college bill. The thing is, my sponsor reimburses me for everything on the bill, so in all actuality, the prize money doesn’t have any effect at all.

Pretty disappointing, huh?

Sigh. Yup, I wish they had paid me cash.

(Materialistic) Yaz.

4 comments:

Adam Ahmad said...

Huh. I hate materialism.

yazid jay said...

Hey!

We're talking about money going to waste here (well-earned money, note). How much is that in ringgit, RM2500? Can buy a new desktop with that :)

Adam Ahmad said...

See! Materialism.

yazid jay said...

Fine, fine, have the last word =p