Saturday, May 02, 2009

Summer Cuppers


Today, the long awaited event for Easter term (to me at least), the summer cuppers is starting. For those who don’t know, the cuppers is a competition in league format between the Cambridge colleges. Trinity sent one team this year and we are placed in division 1 with several other strong teams but today we beat three of them. Yay!

I feel a bit guilty playing all afternoon since I still have two reports to be handed in next week, but come on! Volleyball beats working every time.

Hmmm... where have I heard that before?

Due to some circumstances, I was appointed the temporary acting-captain for the Trinity team, even though I have my final Cambridge exam ever coming up and I’ll be graduating soon. But yeah, it seems like we don’t have any new faces this year that can take up the captain mantle, which is quite unfortunate. And being acting-captain is quite unnerving when most of the people in the team are more skilful than you.

Oh well. In any case, the cuppers will last for four weekends, so I’ll blog about it from time to time.

Yaz.

No comments: