Saturday, April 25, 2009

Punting beats revision every time

Yay! I’ve finally finished writing the 1st draft of my research report. This is the first time I’m using LaTeX for a coursework, and I can safely say that it turned out well. I needed to keep the documentation nearby the whole time so that I can refer to it, but it’s actually quite easy to use. The only trouble I had was with the nomenclature, though I suspect that has more to do with me using the command line in Windows wrong (Windows and command line aren’t exactly synonymous). In the end I just manually made a table for nomenclature, so that’s one problem sorted.

The thing with LaTeX is that it is supposed to typeset documents beautifully, and I must say I like how my report turns out. However, I visited a friend the other day (who also uses LaTeX) and I saw that his report is much, much more beautiful than mine. Damn, how can that happen?! Guess I’m still a novice after all.

The weather was very nice this whole week. It’s warm and sunny, but the downside is that I realised my room is sweltering in this kind of warm weather, up to the point where it’s really uncomfortable to study. Hence, in appreciation of the nice sunny day, I went punting! Yeah, I did felt guilty of not using the time to do work but, come on! Punting wins every time.

Yarr, matey!

Yaz.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

miss punting...sigh