Monday, October 13, 2008

It Died!

Remember the clock that I talked about in a previous post? The one that costs about one million pounds and had some of its parts built in a secret underwater military facility? Well, I was walking back from the department at around 2:30 p.m. today and as I walked pass it, I saw this:

The pendulum has stopped, there’s no light whirling around in circles, the chronophage is still.

The clock’s dead.

I saw one student put a dandelion there, much like you’d put flowers on a grave.

It’s not likely that a clock like that will be down for maintenance purposes, especially not a mere few weeks after its unveiling. Still, they’re probably working on it right now, so I guess I’ll check back in a few hours and see how it goes.

Yaz.

3 comments:

Dan said...

YES!!!! i hope the gawking tourist crowd will dwindle down now.

Zaid said...

it's so typical isn't it haha...something that costs so much yet works for such a short time.

yazid jay said...

@Dan: Awwww, don't say that. I love the clock for its eccentricities, so I'm sad to see it die even if that means less gawking tourists.

@Zaid: Well, to be fair it's only dead for ~24 hours, they fixed it the next day and now it's alive and eating time as usual.