Friday, October 17, 2008

Let’s Kick the Door

In Q7, Blue Boar’s Court on Thursday, there was a conversation going on and a snippet of it goes like this:

So, you’re planning on kicking your room’s door later on?” asked my DoS (Director of Studies).

Oh, I’ve already done that ages ago.

Apparently, what I’ve found out after my first DoS meeting of the year is that the difference in marks between me and the person who got the lowest first class is 6 (out of 600), which means there’s only 1% difference between me and a first class. Also, I’m not the highest among the 2.1’s, so there are people with less than 1% difference from a first.

This can be a happy or sad news, depending on how you view it. I suppose it can be very frustrating knowing you’re this close to having an unblemished academic record. On the other hand, it puts into perspective that getting a 2.1 doesn’t mean I’m inferior compared to some people. The students’ marks are close together, and you have to put a grade boundary somewhere.

So all in all, I’m actually feeling pretty relieved. Consider the door safe from any physical assaults for now.

Yaz.

1 comment:

Khairul Nazli said...

dude..add aku kt ym
khairulnazli@ymail.com
ade bnd skt nak tny..