Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trinity Punts

So, the thing about Cambridge nowadays is that it gets extremely hot. The sun shines brightly and it hasn’t rained for a few days now. Furthermore, these days I also tend to be woken up by the warmth and brightness of day rather than my alarm clock.

Before the exams, I made plans to spend my post exam days with lots of punting practices, cooking and catching up with my readings. Unfortunately, with me being the project coordinator and all, it seems I only have enough time to do these things sporadically. Let’s hope things get less intense from now on since the weather is so nice and if there is a time when I should get a life, it’s now.

Talking about punts, as you may know, Trinity has its own set of punts for us the college members to use. Not for free, of course but it’s still cheap as hell. What you may not realise is that these punts’ names are all related to the number three. For example, ‘Ménage’ refers to ménage a trois and Wise Man is the three wise men in biblical stories. See if you can figure out all of them. Give the answers in the comments if you want to.

The punt names:

  • Wise Man
  • Peace Sweet
  • Fury
  • Hat Trick (this is obvious)
  • Harry Lime
  • Little Maid
  • Little Kitten
  • Diabolus in Musica
  • Codon
  • Step To Heaven
  • Ménage
  • Mad George
  • Little Pig
  • Sheet to the Wind
  • Fate
  • Close Encounters
  • Catherine


Yaz.

No comments: