Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Group Design Project

And so, what’s happening is that we are all being yanked out of our post exam stupor and idleness back into Chem Eng world. And this happens via the means of a design project, the first ever done in a group (if you don’t count the Weblab computer exercises) and it will last for a whole of a month until the 6th of June when we have to present to a panel of jury and answer questions from them. Hmmm, sounds familiar, when have I done this before?

Anyway, we’re all divided up into groups of six or five, supposedly at random but with staff moderation, which means that it’s not really. Our job is to design a hydrodesulphurisation plant, with each of us in charge of an area of the plant. We also each have one extra task to do. Mine is the project coordinator, which means I put everybody’s little mess together into one gigantic tangling mess. Sounds fun? A friend of mine in the year above specifically warned me about the project coordinator being the most stressful of all the tasks but I guess I’m just too stubborn to listen.

In any case, the first coordinator’s meeting was held today. I missed the first half of it. Not a good start, eh, for somebody who’s supposed to organise everybody else.

Yaz.

P.S. Not quite my fault. The schedule says 12:00 but they moved it to 11:40 and just told us orally. Oh well.

No comments: