Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yaz


Some of you might be wondering, but the nick ‘Yaz’ was given to me by my room mates in Atlantic College. It was then picked up by my houseparent and after he called me Yaz in a house meeting, everybody else followed suit. Except the Malaysians, of course, since they have known me for longer and they’ve always called me Yazid. Not to mention that it feels weird if I hear them using the nick. So yeah, it’s basically a nickname for my non-Malaysian friends to use, mostly AC people though since not many called me by that name in Cambridge.

The thing is, there has been some rather weird traffic coming to the blog from rather dubious Google searches. I decided to check and I found out that Yaz is actually a type of oral hormonal contraceptive. In other words, it’s the thing that you take (via your mouth) if you don’t want to get pregnant. Ha ha, that was hilarious! Just thought to clarify that for people who stumbled here by mistake =)

Oh, and no matter what, I still love that nick. It sounds cool.

Cheers,

Yaz.

3 comments:

Adam Ahmad said...

did not and am not wondering.

Adam Ahmad said...

btw, maybe you should rename your blog.

"Life of Oral Hormonal Contraceptive"

:D

yazid jay said...

Oy, oy. Be nice.

Not wondering, huh? I seem to recall this bit.

Ha ha ha.