Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Alright, I’m angry.

I usually cook two portions of meal each day in Ramadan, one for iftar and the other for sahur. Yesterday, though, I went to the iftar organised by the Cambridge Islamic Society (ISOC) so I didn’t cook anything, thinking that for sahur, I can just eat some instant Uncle Ben’s two-minute microwaveable rice in my kitchen cupboard or something.

However, I woke up this morning, ready to eat, and the food is gone! I can’t believe it! If it’s a spoon or plate then it’s understandable (not to say it’s okay, and I left notes in my plate cupboard to warn people) but somebody actually had the audacity to steal some food items that you clearly have to microwave to eat. Since the other food item that I have are some frozen chickens that I definitely don’t have time to thaw and cook, it looks like I have to go hungry for the day. Bastards.

Yaz.

1 comment:

Adam Ahmad said...

happened to me quite a lot of times in the first and the second year. i'm sure it will happen again this year at some point.

And i've lost the will to be angry. ha-ha.

but that doesn't mean i'll stop cursing those who steal my food anyway :)

p.s. bastard is a little bit an understatement to describe those people.