Sunday, November 19, 2006

Let’s get fit

In AC, there was a gym that we students can use. One of its rules is that you have to have at least another person with you while you work out. Hence, my gym-a-holic dorm mate Safi used to drag me to the gym every now and then. I used to work on the running machine since my swimming instructor advised me to improve my stamina (I first learnt how to swim properly in AC) but I was reluctant to try the weights machine (at least when someone’s around) since it’s embarrassing when my dorm mate can lift some forty-pounders without breaking a sweat while I’m struggling to raise some twenty pound weights.

Anyway, I kinda missed having him around because now there’s no one to drag me to the gym anymore. As a result, I’ve never known the insides of the Trinity College gym at all last year. This year, though, I’m trying to get that changed, what’s with volleyball and all. So I attended the gym induction the other weekend and picked my brand new gym card. Yay! Now I just need to find someone to drag with me every time I feel like getting a work out =)

On another note, I just signed up for the Chemical Engineering department’s nine-course meal Christmas dinner. A bit counter-productive, don’t you think?

Yaz.

No comments: