Sunday, November 05, 2006

Guy Fawkes Night

It's here! The night when Cambridge inhabitants all flock together in Midsummer's Common to enjoy an overdose of sweets (think cotton candy and toffee apples) and watch things that go whizz and bang that explodes in a myriad of colours in all directions. Yay!

I went there with a friend of mine just a bit after seven to catch the event that will commence at half past. There was a similar event at the Boat House but you have to pay for that and they serve you mulled wine which I can't even drink, so why bother? Anyway, I took a few pictures and videos until my camera ran out of space. The event lasted approximately fifteen minutes, which I felt was a bit shorter than last year. I wonder why that is... insufficient funding? Well, in any case, it was a good display.

My uber Canon Ixus 55 proved to be too complicated for my friend to handle. As a result, there's no picture of me with the fireworks as background.... *sobs*.








Oh, if they look a bit blurry, it's because I use fireworks mode (longer exposure time) with no tripod =( I also must admit, it always looks better and larger in real life. Or maybe I just suck at camera =)


Yaz.

No comments: