Monday, June 01, 2009

A Dorm Reunion

When you went to a boarding school in Malaysia, it’s hard to see your friends outside of term because they’re all over the country.

When you went to an international school in Wales, it’s hard to see your friends after graduation because they’re all over the world.

Add the fact that I’m really bad at keeping in touch, you can imagine what happens.

Luckily, not everybody is like me. My former dorm mates at Atlantic college organised a reunion last Saturday since we all happen to be in the UK (usually three of us are here in Britain, only one is going places). I was free after my exams are finished, so I dropped by at London to meet them.

I arrived early so I bought some lunch and ate at Hyde Park. It was a nice day and lots of people were lazing about on the grass. There was a French family sitting next to me and one of them was having her birthday, so they had lots of cakes and stuff. They offered some to me, and though I politely declined, they really insisted on me having some. So yeah, in the end I was basically force-fed by some French people.

I met up with my dorm mates shortly after. We prowled the British Museum (don’t ask!), went for a pizza, chilled out at Leicester Square and visited a pub afterwards. It was nice meeting them, especially since I won’t be in the UK much longer so it might be impossible to meet up after this. There were also talk about organising a trip before I left, so hopefully that will happen.

Countdown for leaving UK: 1 month 3 days.

Yaz.

No comments: