Sunday, February 15, 2009

Winter Cuppers

Last Saturday was the volleyball winter cuppers in Cambridge. As usual for the winter cuppers, it was held indoors at Leys School.

(Slightly off topic, but I wish the University of Cambridge would just build a sports complex already so that we don’t have to borrow other places’ facilities to host events like this, or to have to swim with the local people in a packed pool. Didn’t they just raise at least £800 million for the university’s 800th anniversary? What the heck are they waiting for?)

Anyway, back on topic, Trinity entered two teams for the cuppers. However, due to reasons which may or may not have anything to do with the fact that it was held on a Saturday morning which happened to be Valentine’s Day, only me, Lennart, and four other people from Trinity were there. Hence, we had to withdraw one team from the competition. But apart from that, it was great fun. We beat Pembroke and one other team (was it Emmanuel?), which means we’re qualified for the semifinals next week.

The cuppers only lasted until midday, but I had volleyball practice in the afternoon, so at the end of the day I was all sore with bleeding thumbs and everything. Not that I can escape the practice, seeing that I’m the one in charge of the balls. Nor would I want to, as I have a lot of things to say about this year’s UCCMixed attendance record, but we’ll save that for another day.

In any case, it was quite a fun morning, and it made me really look forward to the summer cuppers in Easter term. Can’t wait!

Yaz.

No comments: