Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 6

Apparently it’s week six tomorrow in Cambridge. I’m not sure why, but for quite some time I’ve been unaware of when in the term I am exactly. Might have something to do with supervisions not being regular anymore. Instead of it being once every two weeks or so, this year we have more leniencies in when and with whom we are having supervisions with. Which reminds me, I need to finish the last rheology supervision leftover from last term.

I just came back from a talk about Gaza. This one’s organised by the Cambridge University United Nations Association and it focused on the international law and legalities of the conflict in Gaza. Quite an interesting talk and though as usually the case with law people might end up more frustrated or have more questions than what they start with, it does raise some good points and provide some insight. In fact, I think one hour is too short for the talk, and considering we ran over by about twenty minutes I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

In another news: last Friday night. Volleyball match. Lots of people can’t come. I pleaded on Facebook. Still not enough people. We lost. By default. Sad.

Oh well, I’ll be sure to recruit some more people in advance for next time. Especially for the match with Leys School. We lost to them the last time, and losing to a secondary school team doesn’t bode well with me. Grrrrrrr...

Yaz.

No comments: