Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Week Ahead

So, the significant thing happening in Cambridge right now is that the May Week is now about to commence. And the May Week is named so because this is the time when the May Balls are taking place. This will all occur in June, of course. Confused? Well, read here.

Because most colleges are preparing for the May Balls, in this period they are often closed to visitors. Hardly surprising, since I will not want to show my college to visitors when they’re erecting tents like this all over the place.



Since I’ve been to the Trinity May Ball last year and will go next year (because it’s my final year), I originally decided not to go this year. However, last Friday I was offered a ticket by a friend. It was a hard decision, but I finally declined since I figured I...

  • Don’t drink
  • Don’t like dancing to loud music
  • Don’t like to disturb my sleeping pattern

...so I’ll probably not enjoy the ball as much as some people. Instead, I’ll be spending Monday going to the Camden Market where I once bought one of my all time favourite t-shirt (and I’ve been told it suits me).


A few friends will be visiting me on Tuesday, volleyball match on Wednesday, the UWC gathering on Thursday... looks like it’ll be an eventful week. Oh, and on Friday I’ll be going to Oxford to do some punting. And on this trip I plan to punt Cambridge style, much to the chagrin of all those Oxford people. I’ll tell you if I get chased out of the river.

Yaz.

2 comments:

firdaus said...

yazid jay....how are you?
we both having summer holiday until the mid of sept. Only different is you are in cambridge and I stay in Malaysia. So, don't you have any internships this summer? I've just been rejected by a few companies here ( think I'm not qualified enough, hahaha). I would like to ask your opinion because I've got an offer to continue M Eng until 4th Year but I would prefer to do B Eng and probably finish next year. What would you think the consequence here if I choose not to do M Eng? I am a chemical engineering student same as you, now in 2nd year of univ nottingham msia campus and I need you to give me some advice and guidance. thanks a lot.

yazid jay said...

I can't really say much because I'm not familiar with the situation in Malaysia but here most students who wants to be a chemical engineer will stay for a four year course and end up with MEng, so if funding etc. isn't an issue I would recommend it.