Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year

Yeah, yeah, I know it’s the 8th already, but surely it’s not very late yet. So we’ve shed 2008 away and welcomed a new year, new low temperature for the UK, new Lent term at Cambridge, new HSBC credit card (heh heh)... and so on. Cambridge is being populated again and I started to see some familiar faces around, though certainly not all. For example, our friend the Chronophage is still on holiday:

Juhan, a friend of mine asked me what my resolutions are. Well, I don’t have any, but there are things that I want to do and achieve in the year, like trying to be fitter for the upcoming winter and summer volleyball cuppers. While we were discussing this, one thing lead to another and before I knew it, I was made to sign a declaration saying that I will try and do 63 consecutive push-ups at some point to show that I’ve achieved my goal. Drat! Now that it’s in writing I can’t squirm my way out of it.

Oh well. To the gym/pool/other fitness places we go then. Have fun fulfilling your New Year resolutions too!

Yaz.

No comments: