Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It’s Approaching

So it’s hereby announced that my exam is next Monday! The whole shebang ends on Thursday so until that time, expect me to be busy like a bee. Out of 11 subjects, I still have three more to revise. Not too bad, except for the fact that I got so annoyed at my separations course today (because revising it is such a pain, what’s with all the charts manipulation and everything) that I just aborted it and studied something else. But I’m calmer now, so we’ll see how it goes.

Oh, and because you’ll probably be bored hearing about exams by now, here’s a good news about something else. A while ago I applied to do research at the BP Institute (BPI) in Cambridge for the summer, which is ideal for me because it’s in Cambridge so I don’t have to worry about finding accommodation or food, and because I really want to see how working on a research is like. Well, yesterday they got back to me and gave me an offer! Yay! So that’s what I’m gonna do for 12 weeks this summer. The pay’s (obviously) less than if you work in industry, but it’s good enough so I’m not complaining. Furthermore, the research projects will be centred around energy/oil and gas/ carbon sequestration/ all that jazz, so I’ll probably help combat global warming too.

Wish me luck for the exam.

Yaz.

No comments: