Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lazing Around

And how can I not? For starters, it wasn’t a very good weather in the morning. Might have rained for a few minutes, but still okay enough for me to walk across the Great Court for breakfast. Afterwards, it hailed. And then it kind of snowed. Not enough to accumulate, unfortunately. This kind of weather continued throughout the afternoon.

View from my bedroom window:


I was planning to do some revision, but I guess it’s just the kind of weather that makes you feel cosy indoors. I was tempted to just snuggle up in bed with a cup of hot chocolate. In any case, it seems there’s no studying for me today. Oh well, I can relax, exam’s still a month away.

(Yeah, that’s what they all say. And then suddenly the Tripos is tomorrow and we’ll all be panicking).

The kind of weather that makes me feel the cosiest (which unfortunately you can’t get in the UK) is when there’s a really heavy rain and the temperature drops and it just spatters on the window pane and you just sit there and you can smell the rain. When I was in AC, my bed was just next to the window. So what I sometimes do is that I sit on the windowsill and just calmly enjoy the moment. Oh, and I always draw the curtain so that if somebody walks into the room, he or she will not realise I am there. Unless you can see the silhouette.

I wish I’m able to do that a lot more now. Just blank my thoughts, forget everything and savour the moment.

Yaz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I like what you said in the second last paragraph, I feel exactly the same about it!!

yazid jay said...

Thank you =)