Saturday, June 24, 2006

I’m back

Hi there. I’m in Cambridge right now, having returned back from my five-day trip from Hungary. I really wanted to write about the trip, but for now I’m busy with packing, which has been a pain. Have to put all my things into boxes, which I got from Sainsbury’s, and carry them into this secret subterranean storage room.


Not all my things fit, though, so I left some stuffs with a friend who is staying here for the summer, working. I don’t want to carry loads of stuffs to the airport, since last year we had to dump suitcases of clothes at Heathrow since Gulf Air (the airline we’re using at that time) had a strict weight restriction. Either that, or pay £1000 carriage fee.

Yup, that’s a thousand pounds.


I’m sticking with Malaysia Airlines for now. Not to mention it has better in-flight entertaintment.

Going back to Malaysia tomorrow. Say goodbye to the superfast broadband connection and hello to the heinously slow world of dial up.

Oh, and today’s my birthday.

Yaz.

3 comments:

Adam Ahmad said...

But I thought Malaysia Airlines' luggage limit is 20kg? And hand luggage limit is 5kg?

Anyway, hope to see you in Malaysia :)

By the time you read this you probably are already in Malaysia, so WELCOME HOME!

(shah) 샿룰™ said...

mana aci korg dah balik... aku tiket pun t'gantung lagi nie hah... shoot... uzbek airline sux to the core... i really wanna break it bone marrow so no more RBC for them... owh, even better if i just put viruses in their cells... AIDS anyone...

yazid jay said...

Hehe, sian Chep. Anyway, when we used gulf air it was 50kg extra for 4 people so it's either £250 each or throw away our clothes. Somehow I never had serious luggage problems when using MAS, and when i got back the other day they gave me free 5 kg extra. They also tend to be quite lenient, especially in KLIA, though I would not rely solely on that, just to be on the safe side.